The Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Steering Group is made up of people representing groups or networks from the ME/CFS community. The Steering Group will work with the study’s Management Group to put public involvement at the heart of the research project, from start to finish, and ensure the National Standards for PPI are met.
The Steering Group members are:
- Sonya Chowdhury, founding charity member of the UK CFS/ME Research Collaborative (CMRC) and CEO, Action for M.E. Sonya chairs the PPI Steering Group and is also a Co-Investigator (PPI) on the Management Group
- Andy Devereux-Cooke, the representative of the CureME Biobank Steering Group and co-founder of the Science for ME forum. Andy is also a Co-Investigator (PPI) on the Management Group
- The Countess of Mar, on behalf of Forward M.E. and the ME patients and carers the member that Forward ME’s organisations represent
- Jim Wilson, the representative of the CMRC Patient Advisory Group
- Charles Shepherd, founding charity member of the CMRC and Honorary Medical Advisor, of the ME Association